Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The hard part...

I would have to say that since the 20 week appointment this pregnancy has gone fairly well. I'm tired a lot and I start to ache if I try to do too much. Well, last week at almost 28 weeks I started having braxton hicks. It has scared me to death. I never had them with Christian so I just didn't expect this. They don't hurt, but they just keep coming no matter how much water I drink or how much I rest. After they started I went to the doctor the next day. Of course, no contractions during the appointment. Off and on I had them all weekend and then last night, Monday night, they started again and I felt like that was enough so we went to the hospital. We were there for one hour. Of course, no contractions by the time I got there. They monitored me for the entire hour, checked me for dilation, and did an ultra sound. Everything was still closed up tight and I wasn't put on bed rest of anything. Just told to take it easy if I start to feel them, drink a lot of water and come back in if I think that they have become too frequent or if they become much more intense. So, it looks like I'm just going to have to live with them until she arrives, unless they miraculously stop (which I am definitely praying for!). It 's just really stressful because you just don't know what to do. You don't know if you need to go to the hospital or the doctor, when is the right time? All I know if that I'm just bound and determined to keep this girl inside of me for as long as possible. Pray that I can.

1 comment: