Thursday, February 10, 2011

A List: Some of the things that I love about my little man

  • He discovers something new everyday. Today, as I was driving, I looked in the rearview mirror and he was pulling at his eyebrows, bringing his hands down and checking out the eyebrow hairs that he was pulling out. He continued to do this for about 10 minutes. The look of amazement and wonder on his face was priceless!

  • He often looks at me and says, "You are the best mommy." or "I love you, Mommy"

  • Lately he has been picking up on our emotions. He senses when something is wrong and asks, "What's wrong mommy?" Then he listens intently to what you have to say.

  • He's all boy. Climbing, running, yelling, eating alot, he's got it all down. There is nothing about my baby that isn't all boy.
      • Considering climbing this gate, no doubt.

        • His prayers are precious. He is very interested in saying his prayers himself instead of us saying them for him. We let him pray in what ever way he wants. Each prayer is priceless.

        • He has a passion for two songs in particular; Sugarlands 'Stuck Like Glue' and The Black Eyed Peas 'Boom Boom Pow'. I have no idea why. He asks to hear them constantly.

        • He's brave. Every milestone or big step in his life has gone somewhat seamlessly. I've worried and fretted over everything. Introducing baby food, taking away the bottle, having tubes put in his ears, taking away the pacifier, potty training, etc. He's faced everything head on and without very much fear and I'm just so proud of him for how he's handled all of it. I know that these things are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but I hope that I'm seeing a glimpse into the way he will handle the hard stuff in the future.

        • This face...

        No comments:

        Post a Comment